Saturday, May 16, 2009

Turtle Sighting

I ran into a giant turtle when I was swimming in the ocean yesterday - it swam right under me and just about scared me out of my wits. (Sure, mock me if you will, but tell me how you'd react if a 4 foot shadow swam under you in the ocean! Even when you know it's nothing it takes a minute to adjust.) Awesome creature, I tried to swim along with it for awhile but I was too slow. Yes, that's right... I couldn't keep up with a turtle. Make of it what you will.

Turtles, by the way, are called honu here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was snorkeling one time in Maui when I saw a guy in a turtle suit swimming around nearby. I started going over towards him and realized it was actually a sea turtle. So I started trying to follow it. In a few seconds not only had it gotten 30 yards farther away, but I also realized I was WAY too deep. Them turtles cool.

Jessica Rutledge said...

Glad I'm not the only one they can outswim!